Normans Chais Clarendon McLaren Vale Shiraz 2021
95 POINT RATED SAM KIM WINE ORBIT & 94 POINT RATED GOLD MEDAL WINNER WINE SHOWCASE MAGAZINE
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 4.65 out of 5 stars.
- 95 POINT RATED SAM KIM WINE ORBIT
- 94 POINT GOLD MEDAL SINGLE VINEYARD MCLAREN VALE SHIRAZ SAVE OVER $300 A DOZEN
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE 95 POINT RATED & TOP OF CLASS ROYAL ADELAIDE WINE SHOW
- NORMANS CHAIS CLARENDON SHIRAZ HAS BEEN AWARDED WINESTATE WINE OF THE YEAR
- PRODUCED BY ONE OF AUSTRALIA’S OLDEST WINE COMPANIES ESTABLISHED IN 1853
Deep dark squid ink with youthful purple and red hues. Luscious aromas of ripe blackberry and concentrated cherry are highlighted by nuances of milk chocolate, violet and cassis. The palate is youthfully opulent and potent, with rich dark cherry, blackberry, aniseed, liquorice and earthy leather flavours building through the mid palate before the silky tannins and fresh acid explode which are typical characters of the vintage. This full-bodied Shiraz has a long lingering finish. Enhanced with a shot of espresso like American and French oak.Fermented in stainless steel, small volume fermentors to maintain strong fruit flavour from skins. Hand plunged twice daily for seven days then transferred into American and French oak barrels for the remainder of ferment then spent 14 months to allow full flavour development.
95 Point Rated - Sam Kim WIne Orbit
"Bold and brooding, the wine shows blackberry, cake spice, rich floral, game and cedary oak characters with a lovely touch of dark cocoa on the nose. It’s concentrated and weighty in the mouth delivering gorgeously rounded mouthfeel with velvety texture and beautifully melded tannins, finishing superbly long and expansive. At its best: now to 2037. $46.00. www.normanswines.com. Aug 2022."
94 Point Rated - Australian Wine Showcase Magazine
"Good spicy, jubey aromas. Plenty of sweet fruit on the palate, tasting of violets and cherries with sweet oak. Has very nice complexity."
Australian Wine Showcase Magazine
Fermented in stainless steel, small volume fermentors to maintain strong fruit flavour from skins. Hand plunged twice daily for seven days then transferred into American and French oak barrels for the remainder of ferment then spent 14 months to allow full flavour development.
McLaren Vale, South Australia
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar for many years|
- y_2023, m_2, d_7, h_22
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.34
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_0, tr_17
- loc_en_AU, sid_116143, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 220.127.116.11
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 249.36ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT