Songlines Estates Basket Pressed McLaren Vale Shiraz 2021
94 POINT RATED & GOLD MEDAL WINE SHOWCASE MAGAZINE FROM THE LATOUR OF MCLAREN VALE DECANTER MAGAZINE
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 4.4 out of 5 stars.
- "THE LATOUR OF MCLAREN VALE" DECANTER MAGAZINE
- 94 POINT RATED & GOLD MEDAL WINE SHOWCASE MAGAZINE
- WINESTATE WORLD'S GREATEST SHIRAZ CHALLENGE PREVIOUS VINTAGE 95 POINT RATED
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE 95 POINT RATED & INTERNATIONAL GOLD MEDAL WINNER
- SONGLINES ESTATES BASKET PRESSED SHIRAZ HAS BEEN VOTED TOP 3 WINES IN WORLD
Vibrant purple/black with crimson red hue Complex aromas with cherry, black olive and raspberry notes.There is a hint of floral notes and violets balanced with vanillin spice. Wonderful French oak influence contributes but is not the core feature more an integrated part of the beautifully pronounced perfume. The palate is youthfully opulent and potent, interwoven flavour mesh with plum, blueberry and cherry fruit characters. The mid palate reveals velvety generosity silky smooth tannins with great length and smooth extremely long lingering finish.
94 Point Rated - Australian Wine Showcase Magazine
"Rich meaty bouquet with cedar like notes leading to a flavoursome fruit palate that has great mouthfeel and length."
Australian Wine Showcase Magazine
Sourced from select premium vineyards with ages varying from between 40 – 110 years old. Each batch is treated differently to build complexity and all winemaking decisions were made at the time of harvest not predetermined to a recipe. Fermentation may be hot around 30 degrees or cool around 24 degrees, it may be in open top fermenters with piage by hand or with heading boards. Ferment may be warmed as it begins to cool or maceration on skins extended for up to 3 weeks. Wild ferments are encouraged although for parcels with higher alcohols cultured yeast is used to ensure complete fermentation. 25% of the total is fermented in barrel, giving more intense but softer rounder extraction of oak flavours and tannins.
A wine which has been designed to stand the test of time and if cellared well will last for around 10 or so years. If drunk whilst young allow the wine to breath prior to consuming.
|Source/Region:||McLaren Vale, South Australia
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar for 10+ years|
- y_2022, m_10, d_4, h_21
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.34
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_0, tr_5
- loc_en_AU, sid_115894, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 184.108.40.206
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 209.91ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT