The Colonial Estate Mungo Park Single Vineyard Old Vine Barossa Valley Shiraz 2016
94 POINT RATED MULTI GOLD MEDAL WINNING SHZ SOURCED FROM MOPPA REGION IN BAROSSA
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 4.42 out of 5 stars.
- 94 POINT RATED GOLD MEDAL WINNER
- INTERNATIONAL GOLD MEDAL WINNER CWSA 2018
- SOURCED FROM MOPPA SUB REGION THAT IS THE SPIRITUAL HOME OF "GRANGE"
- PREVIOUS VINTAGES MULTIPLE GOLD & RATED UP TO 95 POINTS
- THE MUNGO PARK LABEL HAS WON 15 GOLD, 12 SILVER, 11 BRONZE
Dark/red to maroon centre with opaque purple and red flashes on edge. A highly aromatic and complex Shiraz with great natural fruit presence showing blackberry, mulberry, dark chocolate, plums, olives, earth, a touch of acid as well as oak. The palate has concentrated flavours of super ripe blackberry, spicy plum, dark chocolate, and pepper as well as obvious natural fruit acidity. The juicy, dark, tannins have a wonderful length and line, which ensures the wine, lingers for an extended period whilst the oak stands in place perfectly and allows the natural fruit acid and notes of pepper to give additional length. The wine is best left to breathe for an hour or two prior to consuming if drinking in next 2-3 years which will allow the wine to open up as it will be tightly wound up before age allows it to show its true beauty.
94 Point Rated Wine Showcase Magazine 2018
"Intense scented flower nose with underlying mulberry fruit. Charming fruit, with rich sweet taste balanced by oaky tannins. Also charming mouthfeel and length."
China Wine & Spirit Awards 2018
Wine Showcase 2018
Mungo Park is a single vineyard wine sourced from the famed sub region – the Moppa and near the Kalimna Vineyard, which is the mother vineyard of “Grange”. The vines themselves are up to 80-year-old and they are cropped, using green harvesting, at less than 3.5 tonne to the acre. Grapes were hand picked at dawn, it receives fermentation, like our top wines, Exile and Émigré, which is conducted in small open top fermenters, followed by malolactic fermentation and ageing in 100 per cent new French oak barrels.
Barossa Valley, South Australia
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar over the next decade|
|Bottle Top:||Foil over cork|
- y_2019, m_3, d_23, h_17
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_2.0.11
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_3, tr_21
- loc_en_AU, sid_110342, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 184.108.40.206
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 242.8ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT