The Colonial Estate Etranger Barossa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon 2021
94 POINT RATED GOLD MEDAL WINNING BAROSSA VALLEY CABERNET SAUVIGNON AT 60% OFF
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 4.5 out of 5 stars.
- 94 POINT RATED GOLD MEDAL WINNER WINE SHOWCASE MAGAZINE
- THE COLONIAL ESTATE'S FASTEST SELLING WINE
- “AN AUSTRALIAN VERSION OF FRENCH PAUILLAC” ROBERT PARKER
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE 94 POINT RATED ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE
Deep crimson purple in colour, Lovely dark rich black fruit on the nose open up to show varietal notes of cassis and blackcurrant as stand out features. Powerful fruit purity and varietal notes cassis and blackberry and blackcurrant dominate while seamless oak and fine tannins provide line and length to this smooth voluptuous wine.
94 Point Rated - Australian Wine Showcase Magazine
"Attractive spice and white pepper aromas. Very generous palate with vibrant raspberry and mulberry fruit. Long finish."
Australian Wine Showcase Magazine
Grapes were specifically sourced from the Western Barossa Valley. It's hard country with the shallow grey sandy soil over red clay producing small bunches of intense, non-herbaceous Cabernet Sauvignon. Cropping levels were low and much of the older vineyards were hand picked and selected by vigneron and winemaker especially for the high fruit intensity of the individual grapes. 2019 was another stand out vintage from a quality point of view although we had the lowest yields in recent history which meant incredible intensity of flavour and colour. We use extreme cold maceration to extract as much natural fruit flavour as possible and use open top fermenters and hand plunge keeping our old-world winemaking philosophy front of mind during the entire process to ensure only the finest wine is aged in barrel for 12 months prior to final blending and minimal filtration.
Barossa Valley, South Australia
|Grape Variety:||Cabernet Sauvignon|
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar 5-7 years|
- y_2023, m_2, d_6, h_22
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.34
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_0, tr_4
- loc_en_AU, sid_116594, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 188.8.131.52
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 250.05ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT