The Colonial Estate Explorateur Barossa Valley Sparkling Shiraz Nv
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 3.22 out of 5 stars.
- THE FINEST SPARKLING BAROSSA SHIRAZ EVER OFFERED
- THE EXPLORATEUR SHIRAZ LABEL HAS WON 13 GOLD MEDALS
- TROPHY WINNING BAROSSA PRODUCER
- LIMITED RELEASE COLONIAL ESTATE SPARKLING SHIRAZ
Deep purple to crimson red. Elegant and lively with rich aromas of blackberry, cherry and spice with hints of licorice and oak filling out the nose. The palate vibrant and balanced with soft fruit driven flavour initially with blackberries, plums and licorice notes all combining on the creamy palate. An approachable mid palate, which is full-flavored, while the hint of tannin and fresh lively finish make this one of the most moreish wines we have created.
The vineyards that make up Explorateur are based in the northwestern Barossa Valley. This is a belt of land/terroir that runs from just to the northwest of Tanunda – Marananga, Greenock, Moppa, Ebenezer, and through to Stockwell, just north of Nuriootpa. Cropping levels are kept low to ensure fruit flavour is focus. This Shiraz is created from a blend of vintages, primary fermentation is in stainless steel vats followed by extended barrel fermentation on lees to build complexity and richness. The parcels were blended followed by secondary fermentation which gives the wine its sparkle.
Should be drinking well now and over the next 6 or so years.
Barossa Valley, South Australia
|Cellaring:||Drinking well now and over the next 6 years|
|Bottle Top:||Foil over cork|
- y_2019, m_1, d_18, h_24
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_2.0.9
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_0, tr_9
- loc_en_AU, sid_110775, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 220.127.116.11
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 8ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT