The Colonial Estate Explorateur Barossa Valley Sparkling Shiraz Nv
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 3.93 out of 5 stars.
- 93 POINT RATED & GOLD MEDAL WINE SHOWCASE MAGAZINE
- LIMITED RELEASE SPARKLING BAROSSA SHIRAZ
- AWARD WINNER MELBOURNE INTERNATIONAL WINE COMPETITION 2021
- ALLOCATION ONLY WINE STOCK WILL SELL OUT FAST
Deep purple to crimson red. Elegant and lively with rich aromas of blackberry, cherry and spice with hints of licorice and oak filling out the nose. The palate vibrant and balanced with soft fruit driven flavour initially with blackberries, plums and licorice notes all combining on the creamy palate. An approachable mid palate, which is full-flavored, while the hint of tannin and fresh lively finish make this one of the most moreish wines we have created.
93 Point Rated - Wine Showcase Magazine
"Lovely spicy plums on the nose and sweet, lively plums and varietal fruit on the palate. Rich, complex and balanced."
Wine Showcase 2021
Melbourne International Wine Competition 2021
The vineyards that make up Explorateur are based in the northwestern Barossa Valley. This is a belt of land/terroir that runs from just to the northwest of Tanunda – Marananga, Greenock, Moppa, Ebenezer, and through to Stockwell, just north of Nuriootpa. Cropping levels are kept low to ensure fruit flavour is focus. This Shiraz is created from a blend of vintages, primary fermentation is in stainless steel vats followed by extended barrel fermentation on lees to build complexity and richness. The parcels were blended followed by secondary fermentation which gives the wine its sparkle.
Should be drinking well now and over the next 6 or so years.
Barossa Valley, South Australia
|Cellaring:||Drinking well now and over the next 6 years|
|Bottle Top:||Foil over cork|
- y_2021, m_9, d_20, h_20
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.19
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_0, tr_29
- loc_en_AU, sid_110775, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 126.96.36.199
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 229.64ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT