Monolith Vintners Old Vine Barossa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon 2017 6pack
95 POINT RATED GOLD MEDAL WINNER SAVE $840 A DOZEN OLD VINE MONOLITH CABERNET SAUVIGNON
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 4.67 out of 5 stars.
- 95 POINT RATED BAROSSA VALLEY CABERNET SAUVIGNON
- GOLD MEDAL WINNING OLD VINE CABERNET SAUVIGNON
- OLD VINE BAROSSA CABERNET SAUVIGNON AGED IN OAK FOR 24 MONTHS
- RARE RELEASE BAROSSA CABERNET SAUVIGNON
- BELOW HALF PRICE SAVE $450 A 6 PACK
The palate smacks you immediately with, ripe flavours of ripe berry fruits, cassis and currant which combine well with dark chocolate, licorice and further complemented with a combination of American and French Oak with a savoury fruit tannin structure. This is a style of wine that requires decanting and time to breathe to soften prior to consuming although was cellared prior to release the wine has the fruit, alcohol and tannin structure to ensure cellaring for many more years where it will continue to evolve.
95 Point Rated - Wine Showcase Magazine
Australian Wine Showcase
The 2017 vintage was an even paced vintages split in two, we managed to get to baume levels where we wanted them prior to a cool period mid vintage which slowed things down but this was key in making it a very good Cabernet year. The fruit was transported to the winery where it was gently de-stemmed into concrete open top fermenters. It was then carefully nurtured for 7 days on skins with pump overs occurring twice daily, varying in duration and intensity. When primary fermentation was almost complete, the wine was drained from the skins and the must is gently basket pressed for 8 hours. The wine remains in a stainless steel tank until primary fermentation is completed. It is then run directly into new American and French barriques where it spent the next 24 months. Once the oak and the wine had perfectly become one the wine is blended and bottled without the use of filtration or fining. 656 six packs were produced in total.
Barossa Valley, South Australia
|Grape Variety:||Cabernet Sauvignon|
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar for 7-10 years|
- y_2020, m_10, d_18, h_16
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.12
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_0, tr_3
- loc_en_AU, sid_112517, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 126.96.36.199
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 210.81ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT