McGuigan The Borders Tempranillo 2019 Dozen
BIG BOY BEATING PRICE ON MCGUIGAN TEMPRANILLO UNDER HALF PRICE WHILE STOCKS LAST
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 4.37 out of 5 stars.
- AUSTRALIA'S LOWEST PRICE ON MCGUIGAN TEMPRANILLO
- BIG BOY BEATING PRICE UNDER HALF PRICE
- SAVE 53% OFF DON'T PAY $15 A BOTTLE
- 4 TIME WINEMAKER OF THE YEAR INTERNATIONAL WINE CHALLENGE LONDON
Crimson red in colour with ruby hues, The Borders Tempranillo is a fruit-driven wine which exhibits aromas of fresh rasberries, strawberries with toasty oak undertones. The palate showcases generous berry fruit flavours, well balanced tight tannins and good palate length.
Our 2019 vintage was harvested from dedicated vineyards in Goulburn Valley, Murray Darling and the Adelaide Hills. The climate is hot with high evaporation rates and generally low rainfall, making irrigation essential. The climate is also continental, resulting in long sunny days and noticeably cooler nights. Long sunshine hours ensure fruit ripens fully and low relative humidity results in little incidence of disease. Conditions for vintage were ideal, yields were good and the fruit was in excellent condition.
The fruit was crushed and de-stemmed to varying sizes and styles of red fermenters where the fruit was fermented on oak at cooler temperatures of 18-22°C for 5-7 days. Fermenting at cooler temperatures allows the fruit flavours to be nurtured and enables retention of varietal characteristics. Post fermentation the majority of the wine is matured in stainless steel tanks. Components are then selected, blended, stabilised and clarified.
South Eastern Australia
|Cellaring:||Medium term cellaring up to 7 years|
- y_2023, m_9, d_27, h_3
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.35
- cp_2, bvpage2n
- co_hasreviews, tv_0, tr_19
- loc_en_AU, sid_116044, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 126.96.36.199
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 247.48ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT