Houghton Crofters Margaret River Chardonnay 2019
HOUGHTON CROFTERS PEMBERTON & MARGARET RIVER CHARD PREVIOUS VINTAGE 92 POINT RATED JAMES HALLIDAY
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 0 out of 5 stars.
- OAKED CHARDONNAY SOURCED FROM PEMBERTON & MARGARET RIVER SUB REGIONS
- 5 RED STAR RATED WINERY JAMES HALLIDAY
- ONE OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA'S OLDEST PRODUCERS ESTABLISHED IN 1836
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE 92 POINT RATED JAMES HALLIDAY WINE COMPANION
Stone fruit, grapefruit citrus and dried fig notes overlaid with roasted hazelnut, malt and brioche. Gun flint and subtle mineral like characters add complexity to the enticing aromatics. Refined, bright citrus fruit layered with roasted nut, nougat and buttery flavours and a creamy texture. The fine, soft acidity supports the fruit and oak flavours with a sustained flavoursome finish.
Fruit was sourced and blended from the Pemberton and Margaret River regions for this carefully crafted Chardonnay. The fruit was machine harvested in the cool of the night, crushed, and then given a short period of skin contact before pressing to ensure optimal flavour was achieved before transfer to French Oak for ferment. The fermentation was completed with indigenous yeasts which contribute to the complexity of the wine. Extended lees contact and malolactic fermentation prior to blending and bottling has resulted in a creaminess and softness to the wine. The 2019 Houghton Crofters Chardonnay expresses the varietal and regional strengths of two of Western Australia’s premium grape growing regions – Pemberton and Margaret River.
Pemberton & Margaret River, Western Australia
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar mid term|
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 18.104.22.168
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 247.44ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT
- bvseo-msg: HTTP status code of 404 was returned;