Yering Station Village Yarra Valley Shiraz 2016
91 POINT RATED JAMES HALLIDAY & 90 POINT RATE HUON HOOKE YARRA VALLEY SHIRAZ
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 0 out of 5 stars.
- 91 POINT RATED JAMES HALLIDAY
- 90 POINT RATED HUON HOOKE
- COOL CLIMATE YARRA VALLEY SHIRAZ
- 5 RED STAR RATED WINERY JAMES HALLIDAY
- ICONIC YERING STATION ESTABLISHED 1988
91 Points - James Halliday
"Matured in new and used French oak. A substantial wine with notes of shoe leather, spice and tar woven through the black fruits of the bouquet and palate. A difficult vintage to pigeonhole, with frequent breaks of hot and cool weather. This certainly is ripe."
90 Points - Huon Hooke
"Deep red/purple colour, with a spicy and lightly smoky, charcuterie-like, meaty note on the nose, and a firm but tidy, well-balanced palate, which has a surprising wealth of tannin. There's a core of sweet fruit before the finish, which has a touch of drying chewiness. A surprisingly big wine, and very good value."
Yering Station has firmly established itself amongst wine lovers as an exceptional Yarra Valley wine producer, sourcing fruit entirely from the Yarra Valley. The winemaking team, now led by the highly experienced cool climate specialist Willy Lunn, remains committed to producing wines which express the characteristics of the region, with particular emphasis on varietal flavours, structure and balance.
Yarra Valley, Victoria
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 220.127.116.11
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 253.28ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT
- bvseo-msg: HTTP status code of 404 was returned;