Viking Grand Barossa Valley Shiraz 2016
EX PENFOLDS GRANGE GROWER BAROSSA SHIRAZ PREVIOUS VINTAGE 95 POINTS & MULTI GOLD
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 3.92 out of 5 stars.
- INTERNATIONAL GOLD MEDAL WINNING LABEL
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE RECEIVED 95 POINT RATED GOLD MEDAL WINNER WINE SHOWCASE MAGAZINE
- EX PENFOLDS GRANGE GROWERS DRY GROWN SINGLE VINEYARD BAROSSA SHIRAZ
- VIKING WINES HAVE BEEN RATED 94 POINTS HALLIDAY & ROBERT PARKER
- VIKING GRAND SHIRAZ HAS BEEN SELECTED FOR THE PRIME MINISTERS CELLAR
- WINES HAS BEEN SERVED & PRODUCED EXCLUSIVELY FOR THE SWEDISH ROYAL FAMILY
Crimson red with purple core. Wonderful array of dark black fruits with licorice, dark chocolate and mocha all evident. Black fruits with dark chocolate, mocha and dense oak flavour. The fruit and oak melt away into a fine core of tannin and the medium bodied palate carries the alcohol with ease.
The Shiraz grapes were individually picked out in the vineyard for their exceptional quality and picked separately to the rest of the vineyard. The grapes are then picked and delivered to the winery and gently worked through the de-stemmer before being transferred to an open fermenter. The juice is pumped over twice a day for seven days to extract, homogenize and regulate temperature before draining and being basket pressed. The skins are then gently pressed for approximately 20 hours. After the wine has completed its malolactic ferment, it is matured in a small portion of new and the balance in seasoned French and American oak barrels prior to bottling.
A wine which will benefit from 3-4 years further in bottle and we suggest decanting if drinking whilst it is still youthful. A great life span ahead and should drink well over the next 8-10 years.
Barossa Valley, South Australia
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar for many years|
- y_2019, m_5, d_21, h_20
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_2.0.12
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_2, tr_9
- loc_en_AU, sid_111354, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 188.8.131.52
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 64.2ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT