Normans Old Vine McLaren Vale Cabernet Sauvignon 2017
NORMANS OLD VINE CABERNET RETURNS, PREVIOUS VINTAGE RATED GOLD MEDAL & 93 POINTS
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 4.33 out of 5 stars.
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE RECEIVED 93 POINT RATING & GOLD MEDAL WINNER
- NORMANS OLD VINE LABEL HAS WON OVER 50 MEDALS, INCLUDING 11 GOLDS
- NEW RELEASE OLD VINE MCLAREN VALE CABERNET SAUVIGNON
- ONE OF AUSTRALIA'S MOST AWARDED WINEMAKERS EST 1853
Vibrant crimson red/purple. Mulberry and cherries are the highlight of fruit aromas with a hint of vanillin oak which adds complexity to the bouquet. This blend sourced from vineyards in the McLaren Vale region showcases Cabernet Sauvignon in all its varietal glory. The fruit flavours of dark red berry and plum fill the mid palate whilst soft tannins go well with the elegant under lying taste of oak to make this a very easy drinking Cabernet with great depth and complexity.
Sourced from two vineyards located at the southern end of McLaren Vale from old vines aged up to 64 years of age.. The wine was fermented in small stainless steel fermenters to retain concentrated fruit flavours. To complete the fermentation process and maturation the wine went into mostly old oak barrels with a small percentage of new oak for a period of 12 months. This enabled the oak barrels to slowly infiltrate the highly concentrated fruit flavour creating a well-balanced yet complex tannin structure.
McLaren Vale, South Australia
|Grape Variety:||Cabernet Sauvignon|
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar mid term|
- y_2019, m_3, d_24, h_23
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_2.0.11
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_1, tr_2
- loc_en_AU, sid_110981, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 126.96.36.199
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 411.03ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT