Two Paddocks Picnic Central Otago Pinot Noir 2019
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 0 out of 5 stars.
- CENTRAL OTAGO PINOT NOIR FROM TWO PADDOCKS
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE MULTIPLE 94 POINT RATED
- PRODUCED BY SAM NEILLS TWO PADDOCK WINES
- CERTIFIED ORGANIC ULTRA PREMIUM PINOT NOIR
Redcurrant spicy pepper and dried herb aromatics with a fresh vibrant palate showing a rich ripe fruit profile and a soft elegant finish.
Two Paddocks 2019 Above average rainfall over the Winter and early Spring meant soil water remained at luxury levels for vines over the entire growing season. The Summer heat did accumulate though and shoots grew with ease without any destructive winds. Accurate leaf removal and crop thinning meant the vines had a balanced crop load and the fruit was very clean. A noticeable benefit was the lack of wind damaged shoots and leaves which really increases the vines ability to produce energy late into the season.
Hand harvested, 89% de-stemmed and given 5-7 days pre-fermentation cold maceration. After an indigenous ferment the wine is given another 5-7 days post ferment time on skins. Wine is then transferred to 1-4 year old French medium toast barriques (4% new oak) for a 9 month maturation in predominantly older oak, before racking and bottling.
Central Otago Sub-regional composition: 36% Alexandra, 46% Bannockburn, 18% Gibbston
Central Otago, New Zealand
|Grape Variety:||Pinot Noir|
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar short term|
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 18.104.22.168
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 242.66ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT
- bvseo-msg: HTTP status code of 404 was returned;