Tahbilk Grenache Mourvedre Rose 2019
95 POINT HALLIDAY RATED ROSE FROM PRODUCER THAT RECEIVED TROPHIES FOR LAST 2 VINTAGES
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 5 out of 5 stars.
- 95 POINT HALLIDAY RATED WINE COMPANION 2020
- SOURCED FROM TAHBILK WINERY PREVIOUSLY JAMES HALLIDAY WINERY OF YEAR
- WINNER OF WINERY OF THE YEAR WINE COMPANION
- 5 RED STAR RATED WINERY ESTABLISHED IN 1860
- ONE OF AUSTRALIA'S MOST ICONIC & HISTORIC WINERIES
The soon to be wine is then racked to produce clear juice, fermented with specific Rosé yeast and filtered and bottled. The result is a dry and savoury ‘pink’ of easy appeal. Aromatic musk, spice and rose blossom hints take you to a lively and textural palate of vibrant red berry fruits and savoury nuances. The finish is bursting with a delicious grape acidity that demands, and delivers, much enjoyment.
95 Points James Halliday Wine Companion
Light, bright pink. A pleasing tussle between lively red fruits on the bouquet and mid-palate, complexity arriving on the finish with some spicy/savoury notes. Tahbilk is rightly establishing a reputation for this rose style.
Picked early to retain freshness and delicacy, we turn to a technique favoured in Provence, the spiritual home of Rosé, to increase the texture and mouthfeel of this 59% Grenache and 41% Mourvèdre blend with the cold juice, including the pulp and solids, mixed with nitrogen gas briefly each day over four days.
|Cellaring:||Drink now or until 2023|
- y_2020, m_2, d_19, h_13
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.5
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_0, tr_1
- loc_en_AU, sid_112681, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 22.214.171.124
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 7.69ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT