Mount Langi Ghiran Cliff Edge Cabernet Merlot 2018
95 POINT RATED JAMES HALLIDAY WINE COMPANION GRAMPIANS CABERNET MERLOT FROM ICONIC MOUNT LANGI GHIRAN
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 0 out of 5 stars.
- 95 POINT RATED JAMES HALLIDAY WINE COMPANION
- COOL CLIMATE GRAMPIANS CABERNET MERLOT
- 5 RED STAR RATED WINERY JAMES HALLIDAY WINE COMPANION
- PRODUCED BY ICONIC MOUNT LANGI GHIRAN
Deep crimson with purple hues. An engaging nose with fragrant florals, blackberry fruits and cassis, spice undertones. Bright blackberry, blackcurrant and cassis from the Cabernet Sauvignon are complimented by juicy plum fruits and black cherry notes from the Merlot. This classic Bordeaux blend displays perfumed florals, cedar and spiced dark chocolate. Fine, silky tannins with a backbone of acidity creates a powerful wine full of body and finesse.
95 Point Rated - James Halliday Wine Companion
"A 79/21% blend, both varieties hand-picked, whole berries in small open fermenters, 3 weeks on skins, matured for 18 months in French barriques (30% new). High quality fruit and attention to detail."
Often the last vineyard to be picked at Mount Langi Ghiran, our Cabernet Sauvignon has a long ripening period to produce the complex tannin and fruit balance. The 2018 Mount Langi Ghiran Cliff Edge Cabernet Merlot showcases distinct Grampians regional character with classic varietal charm reflective of Langi’s cool climate.
|Grape Variety:||Cabernet Merlot|
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar 3-5 years|
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 188.8.131.52
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 247.16ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT
- bvseo-msg: HTTP status code of 404 was returned;