Montara Chalambar Grampians Shiraz 2017 Export Label
95 POINT RATED & GOLD MEDAL WINNER JAMES HALLIDAY WINE COMPANION AT 57% OFF RETAIL
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 0 out of 5 stars.
- 95 POINT RATED & GOLD MEDAL WINNER JAMES HALLIDAY WINE COMPANION
- SOURCED FROM ICONIC CHALAMBAR ROAD IN GRAMPIANS REGION
- MUSEUM RELEASE OF MONTARA WINES FLAGSHIP WINE
- 57% OFF SAVE OVER $560 A DOZEN LIMITED STOCK
Aromatics of ripe blue to ark fruits with lifted musky florals and cedary oak. Followed by a palate of spicy red to blue fruits with an integrated cedary finish. Fine, intergrated tannins give the wine structure, integrity and elegance.
95 Point Rated - James Halliday Australian Wine Companion
"48yo vines, hand-picked, open-fermented with 20% whole bunch and 1% viognier, 10 days on skins, 16 months in French oak (30% new). Medium-bodied, fully ripened fruit with plum and blackberry fruits, fine tannins and neatly integrated oak, the finish long and convincing."
Nick Butler - The Real Review
"Fragrant and poised. Cool-climate characters abound. Ripe fruit, tempered by tannins and white pepper. Mid-palate shows sweetness, then tapers to fresh acidity. Lots to like here."
James Halliday Australian Wine Companion
Grapes were harvested by hand from the Montara Estate plantings in March 2017. Fruit was destemmed without crushing, 20% remained as whole bunch before transfer to open ferment. 1% Viognier. Held in 40% new French oak hogsheads and puncheons for maturation prior to bottling November 2018
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar up to 2037|
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 126.96.36.199
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 243.92ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT
- bvseo-msg: HTTP status code of 404 was returned;