Handpicked Collection Barossa Shiraz 2016
HANPICKED COLLECTION SHIRAZ 94 POINT RATED JAMES HALLIDAY WINE COMPANION
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 0 out of 5 stars.
- MULTI TROPHY WINNING PRODUCER
- 94 POINT RATED JAMES HALLIDAY WINE COMPANION
- TOP MORNINGTON PENINSULA WINERY HUON HOOKE THE REAL REVIEW
- RED 5 STAR WINERY - 8 YEARS IN A ROW! JAMES HALLIDAY WINE COMPANION 2023
Grown in the heart of the Barossa Valley, this is a concentrated yet refined wine with rich dark plums and blackberry fruits layered with spicy cedar and vanilla oak and velvety, fine tannin.
94 Point Rated - James Halliday Wine Companion
Open and static fermenters with pumpovers and hand-plunging, matured for 18 months in new and used French oak. Everything about this wine points to China. It is densely coloured and full-bodied. The regime in the winery doesn't point to over-extraction, the power of the blackberry, black cherry and licorice fruit flavours comes from the vineyard. Will live for decades.
After being hit by spring frost the vineyard bounced back, albeit with diminished yields. January and February were dry and warm and some hot patches in February put the brakes on ripening. Milder warm weather continued into autumn, allowing good hang time for development of complex flavours. Our Shiraz harvest took place in the first two weeks of April.
The fruit was fermented in open and static fermenters with pumping over and hand plunging. The wine was aged in a mix of seasoned and new barrels for 15 months. We use a selection of French barrels for tasty and nuanced oak character.
Barossa Valley, South Australia
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar up to 2041|
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 220.127.116.11
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 249.63ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT
- bvseo-msg: HTTP status code of 404 was returned;