Gnadenfrei Estate St Michaels Barossa Valley Shiraz 2016
LEGENDARY GNADENFREI ESTATE BAROSSA OLD VINE SHIRAZ PREVIOUS VINTAGE 94 POINTS RATED HALLIDAY
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 4.5 out of 5 stars.
- SHIRAZ FROM GNADENFREI ESTATE HAS PRODUCED WINE SELLING FOR $1000 A BOTTLE
- "CLASSIC BAROSSA SHIRAZ AT ITS BIGGEST & BOLDEST" ROBERT PARKER
- PREVIOUS VINTAGES RATED 94 POINTS BY HALLIDAY
- SMALL BOUTIQUE WINERY ESTABLISHED 1979
- GNADENFREI ESTATE HAVE SUPPLIED FRUIT TO CHRIS RINGLAND & TORBRECK
- "BLOCKBUSTER AUSTRALIAN SHIRAZ" ROBERT PARKER
Dense deep purple-red in colour. Intense dark plum, blackberry, licorice, prune and oak. A big bold Barossa Shiraz in every aspect and unashamedly so. Black fruits dominate balanced out by savoury tannins and deep melted chocolate and oak.
Robert Parker Previous Vintage Review
"it offers a mouthful of blockbuster Australian Shiraz. This is classic Barossa Shiraz at its biggest and boldest."
Despite well below average rainfall and warm conditions during the growing season, our vines produced another outstanding vintage. Heavy rainfall in late January followed by ongoing mild days and cool nights allowed ideal ripening conditions. The fruit then matured with an early harvest. The resultant 2016 wines are outstanding and feature lifted pure red fruit characteristics, savoury tannins, great depth of flavour and sheer colour intensity. Select Old Vine Barossa Shiraz sourced from vines aged 50-80 years were used in this wine. Traditional winemaking techniques were employed and the fruit was handled in a gentle hands off approach to ensure the vineyard remained the hero. This Shiraz was matured for 16 months in 1 and 2 year old oak hogshead barrels (75% French 15% American).
Upon release allow the wine to breathe for at least a couple of hours, this wine is built to last and should drink well for the next 10-15 years.
Barossa Valley, South Australia
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar for a decade|
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 184.108.40.206
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 573.33ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT
- bvseo-msg: Execution timed out, exceeded 500ms;