Escapade Vineyards Barossa Valley Shiraz 2020 Dozen
95 POINT RATED WINE SHOWCASE & 94 POINT RATED SAM KIM WINE ORBIT PRODUCED BY TROPHY WINNING FAMILY OWNED WINERY
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 4 out of 5 stars.
- 95 POINT RATED GOLD MEDAL WINE SHOWCASE MAGAZINE
- 94 POINT RATED SAM KIM WINE ORBIT
- TROPHY BAROSSA VALLEY WINERY OF THE YEAR NEW YORK WINE COMPETITION
- 62% OFF SAVE $300 A DOZEN EXPORT STOCK CLEARANCE
- TROPHY BAROSSA VALLEY SHIRAZ WINERY OF YEAR MELBOURNE INTERNATIONAL WINE COMPETITION
Deep dark red and purple in colour. The nose in intoxicating with raspberry, licorice along with some subtle pepper, oak, and dried herbs. Full bodied palate which is highly concentrated which is a trademark of the dry 2020 vintage. Raspberry, black olive, plum and licorice all feature with some dark chocolate providing the core flavours. Wonderfully integrated tannins then give the texture and balance the wine perfectly.
95 Point Rated - Australian Wine Showcase Magazine
"Elengant soft berry aromas with attractive dark berry character developing. Long, generous wine rich showing attractive spice and fruit on the palate."
94 Point Rated - Sam Kim Wine Orbit
"This is richly ripe and complex on the nose with dark fruit intensity, toasted spice, vanilla, cedar and rich floral aromas, leading to a wonderfully weighted palate that's plump and flavoursome. Richly textured and superbly long on the finish. At its best: now to 2035. $40.00. Sept 2022."
Australian Wine Showcase Magazine
Sourced from a selection of growers I have worked with for several years across different hamlets of the Barossa Valley including Greenock, Tanunda, Ebenezer, and Bethany. The individual vineyards were picked and crushed separately providing different characteristics which then came together and were transformed by assemblage. All fruit was picked and underwent fermentation in small 4 tonne open fermenters. The juice was pumped twice a week for a one week before draining and being slowly basket pressed. Post ferment the wine aged in 2–4-year-old French oak.
Barossa Valley, South Australia
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar 3-5 years|
- y_2023, m_3, d_23, h_22
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.34
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_0, tr_1
- loc_en_AU, sid_117026, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 220.127.116.11
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 11.41ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT
Link Your Account
Do you already have a Get Wines Direct account?
If yes, please enter your login information below.