Cats Eyes Langhorne Creek Shiraz 2016
90PT RATED LANGHORNE CREEK SHIRAZ BUY A CASE GET A CASE FREE
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 4.14 out of 5 stars.
- BUY A CASE GET A CASE FREE, EQUATES TO $6.99 A BOTTLE
- 90 POINTS RATED JAMES HALLIDAY WINE COMPANION
- SOURCED FROM TROPHY & GOLD MEDAL PRODUCER
- BOUTIQUE SHIRAZ FROM A NEAR PERFECT HALLIDAY RATED VINTAGE
- MADE BY RENOWNED WINEMAKER GREG CLACK
A rich dark plum red with a slight purple hue. A complex nose with aromas of ripe plums and rich dark cherries, with hints of vanilla and chocolate. The wine has a rich full flavour with excellent length and structure. A combination of blackcurrant, succulent dark plums, ripe cherries and dark chocolate, finishing with soft velvety tannins, well balance with by elegant spicy oak.
90 Points, James Halliday Wine Companion
"One way or another, you get a large bang for your buck from quality Langhorne Creek grapes. Glistening plum and spicy blackberry fruit, with echoes of French oak and firm tannins, add complexity to the bargain of the week."
In the winery the grapes were vinified using a combination of fermentation techniques and French oak to build structure; this has produced a wine which exhibits layered complexity, spiciness, great depth of fruit and good oak integration.
Langhorne Creek is one of the best-kept viticultural secrets and is one of Australia’s oldest and most significant wine regions. The area was founded on the broad flood plain influenced by the local Bremer and Angas Rivers and enjoys cooling breezes from Lake Alexandrina. Wines from Langhorne Creek have received many accolades, but the region was really put on the map by Wolf Blass achieving three successive Jimmy Watson trophies in 1973, 1974 and 1975. Since then the region has gone from strength to strength and is highly regarded, by those in the know! Shiraz is a variety which does particularly well in the region, so we sourced premium grapes from selected vineyards across Langhorne Creek, to produce this stylish fruit driven Shiraz.
Langhorne Creek, South Australia
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar short term|
- y_2019, m_3, d_25, h_20
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_2.0.11
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_1, tr_6
- loc_en_AU, sid_110409, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 188.8.131.52
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 325.21ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT