Bethany First Village Barossa Valley Shiraz 2017
BAROSSA SHZ FROM 5 STAR HALLIDAY RATED WINERY PREVIOUS VINTAGE RATED 90 POINTS
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 0 out of 5 stars.
- NEW VINTAGE BAROSSA VALLEY SHIRAZ RELEASE
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE RATED 90 POINTS WINE COMPANION
- BETHANY SHIRAZ SELL FOR $125 A BOTTLE AND RATED 96 POINTS BY HALLIDAY
- 5 RED STAR RATED HALLIDAY WINERY
- SCHREPEL FAMILY HAVE BEEN GROWING GRAPES FOR OVER 140 YEARS IN THE BAROSSA
A perfectly balanced and poised wine from the cooler 2017 vintage. This wine displays clean fresh red and blue fruit characters as well as fine grained soft tannins that provide the usual plush Barossa Valley structure and length.
The winter and spring of 2016 were wet and even December was wetter than average. The growing season for the 2017 vintages was cool (December) or average (January) with brief periods of rain in January to keep the vines refreshed. 2017 was a balanced, cooler vintage in the Barossa with a long ripening period which led to reds developing exceptional colour and tannic framework along with a deep fruit profile and aromatic intensity.
Parcels of fruit were harvested and fermented separately prior to being put to oak hogsheads for maturation. The final blend was composed out of barrel with the wine then given time in stainless steel to come together prior to bottling.
Barossa Valley, South Australia
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar for 6-12 years|
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 184.108.40.206
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 8.11ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT
- bvseo-msg: HTTP status code of 404 was returned;