Cats Eyes Adelaide Hills Sauvignon Blanc 2018
BUY A CASE GET A CASE FREE AD HILLS SAUVY LABEL HIGHLY RATED BY JAMES HALLIDAY
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 4 out of 5 stars.
- BUY A CASE GET A CASE FREE, EQUATES TO $6.99 A BOTTLE
- LABEL HIGHLY RATED JAMES HALLIDAY WINE COMPANION
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE 90 POINTS RATED
- COOL CLIMATE SAUVY FROM 10/10 HALLIDAY RATED VINTAGE
- MADE BY RENOWNED WINEMAKER GREG CLACK
Pale green straw with brilliant clarity. Aromatic tropical fruits, freshly cut melon, guava and passionfruit with an overlay of herbaceous characters. A full fruit driven palate, with intense tropical fruits and balanced acidity with good palate weight and generous length.
The cool climate of the Adelaide Hills is the ideal place to grow Sauvignon Blanc, producing grapes with green herbaceous notes and intense tropical fruit characters, which our winemaker has crafted into this fruit driven, elegant, but approachable wine.
The grapes for this wine are sourced from two vineyards at Kenton Valley and Gumeracha in the northern part of the Adelaide Hills. The Kenton Valley vineyard has an easterly aspect and hence is the coolest of the sites. This was picked early to maximise the herbaceous, apple and cucumber notes in the wine. Whereas the other vineyard was picked when it was a riper and exhibiting a good balance of natural citrus acidity and tropical flavours.
Adelaide Hills, South Australia
|Grape Variety:||Sauvignon Blanc|
|Cellaring:||Drink now or in the short term|
- y_2019, m_11, d_13, h_1
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.1
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_0, tr_1
- loc_en_AU, sid_111398, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 220.127.116.11
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 240.74ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT