Xanadu Margaret River Chardonnay 2019 6pack
95 POINT RATED STUART KNOX THE REAL REVIEW & 94 POINT RATED RATED JAMES HALLIDAY
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 0 out of 5 stars.
- 95 POINT RATED STUART KNOX THE REAL REVIEW
- 94 POINT RATED JAMES HALLIDAY WINE COMPANION
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE RATED 96 POINT RATED RAY JORDAN THE WEST AUSTRALIAN
- JIMMY WATSON WINNING WINERY & JAMES HALLIDAY WINERY OF YEAR WINNER
Pale straw. The bouquet of this striking Chardonnay offers both purity and complexity; nashi pears, white peach, citrus and frangipani floral aromas with the subtle hints of oatmeal and oyster shell in the background. The elegant palate is medium bodied, displaying white fleshed stone fruits and tangy grapefruit flavours. Taut in structure, with minerally / quartz-like characters complimented by a layer of texture derived from lees stirring whilst in barrel. The vibrant fruit and crisp acid backbone combine to focus the wine perfectly to a lingering fruit finish.
95 Point Rated Stuart Knox The Real Review
"Pale lemon-yellow colour. Lemon, thyme and struck-flint aromas. Light and bright, grapefruit core, layered with seaside notes and just roast cashews. The acidity brightens everything, shining a light as the delicate fruit flows into a long and vibrant finish"
94 Point Rated James Halliday Wine Companion
"Gingin clone, whole-bunch pressed, wild ferment in barrel (25% new). Bâtonnage over 9 months barrel maturation prior to blending. Nashi pear, white peach and briny acid form the core of this wine, but they are joined by crushed salted cashews and red apple skins. Demands decanting to soften the edges, if drinking in its youth – this label really kicks into gear about 2 years after release (if you have any left)."
The growing season began with a late budburst after a relatively cold winter with reasonable rainfall. The cool spring which followed resulted in some uneven flowering and fruit set, and generally lower than average yields. We experienced a significant (and unusual) rain event mid-January which was timely due to the later season, and this was followed by some fine, mild weather to get vintage underway. There was a complete lack of Marri blossom leading up to and during harvest which meant that bird pressure was extreme! Bird-netting was absolutely vital. The cooler ripening conditions did result in amazing flavour intensity and acid retention in whites (Chardonnay in particular). There was a minor rain event coupled with high humidity mid-March which presented some challenges requiring careful fruit selection; however, this gave way to some beautiful weather right through until late April. The 2019 Xanadu Chardonnay is predominantly Estate grown in the Wallcliffe sub-region, with 70% of the blend being made with fruit sourced from our Stevens Road and Boodjidup vineyards. The remaining 30% was sourced from a mature Wilyabrup vineyard.
Margaret River, Western Australia
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar 1-3 years|
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 188.8.131.52
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 240.57ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT
- bvseo-msg: HTTP status code of 404 was returned;