Whistler Wines Estate Barossa Valley Semillon 2017
BAROSSA SEMILLON FROM FAMILY OWNED WINERY & WINEMAKER TOP 100 YOUNG GUN OF WINE
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 3.8 out of 5 stars.
- BAROSSA VALLEY SEMILLON FROM WINEMAKER NAMED IN TOP 100 YOUNG GUN OF WINE
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE RATED 93 POINTS FROM HALLIDAY
- FAMILY OWNED & OPERATED WINERY
- SOURCED FROM CERTIFIED ORGANIC WINERY
- SOURCED FROM ESTATE VINEYARDS IN MARANANGA REGION OF BAROSSA
This wine has great clarity, with a very pale yellow colour and a fresh green hue. Aromas of honeydew melon, white peach and almond blossom on the nose. The palate is smooth and creamy with melon characters and a honey note that rolls across the tongue.
Celebrating 20 years of Semillon at Whistler. Grown here on our Heysen Estate Vineyards, this BVRC32 clone of Semillon was planted in 1997 on a gentle west-facing slope with lots of quartz and gravelly soil at the top of the slope, and heavier black clay down the bottom. The rows run East-West, which means that the fruit is shaded by the canopy throughout the day, resulting in a more evening ripening and higher quality fruit.
Harvested in the cool of the night and pressed away from the skins straight away. This wine was fermented in a stainless steel tank at 15 degrees before filtering and bottling in May 2017. The native yeast found in the vineyard carried out the fermentation, which creates a wine with more complexity and layers. 20% of this wine was fermented in new Hungarian oak hogsheads, which adds a bit of spice to the nose and palate.
Barossa Valley, South Australia
|Cellaring:||Drink now or for the years to come|
- y_2020, m_7, d_13, h_15
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.10
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_0, tr_5
- loc_en_AU, sid_110491, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 22.214.171.124
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 253.37ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT