Viking Grand Barossa Valley Chardonnay 2022 Dozen
SINGLE VINEYARD OLD VINE BAROSSA VALLEY CHARDONNAY PREVIOUS VINTAGE MULTIPLE GOLD MEDAL WINNER
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 3 out of 5 stars.
- SINGLE VINEYARD OLD VINE BAROSSA VALLEY CHARDONNAY
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE TROPHY WINNER MELBOURNE INTERNATIONAL WINE COMPETITION
- BARREL FERMENTED SOUTHERN BAROSSA VALLEY CHARDONNAY
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE TOP 100 WINES ADELAIDE REVIEW HOT 100
Vibrant green with a pale straw hue.Fantastic depth to its varietal expression yet still quite focused with white peach, nectarine and melon with an ever so gently touch of toasty oak.
Fresh and zesty in its youth with assorted citrus notes, this is in a word an “elegant” Chardonnay. The time on lees shows up with the wonderful depth of flavour whilst the natural fruit acidity shows through on the finish whilst remaining restrained by the slightest touch of French oak to add another layer of complexity.
The wine was crushed and de-stemmed prior to the pressing process; French oak barriques were used for fermentation. The ferment was slow and cool with several weeks of lees contact post ferment. After the wine was clarified and filtered it was bottled to retain as much fruit flavour as possible. Only 300 dozen were produced highlighting the incredible attention to detail and care taken with our small batch winemaking. Made to drink upon release while the fruit flavour is at its most fresh and vibrant, although will develop more complexity over the next couple of years for those who enjoy their Chardonnay with a touch of age.
Barossa Valley, South Australia
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar up to 2 years|
- y_2023, m_3, d_23, h_22
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.34
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_0, tr_1
- loc_en_AU, sid_116196, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 18.104.22.168
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 215.9ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT
Link Your Account
Do you already have a Get Wines Direct account?
If yes, please enter your login information below.