Stonier Reserve Chardonnay 2016
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 0 out of 5 stars.
- 96 POINT RATED HUON HOOKE
- TOP 3 MORNINGTON PENINSULA CHARDONNAYS THE REAL REVIEW
- 95 POINT RATED JAMES HALLIDAY
- 94 POINT RATED CAMPBELL MATTINSON
- COOL CLIMATE MORNINGTON PENINSULA CHARDONNAY
- 5 STAR RATED WINERY JAMES HALLIDAY WINE COMPANION
Harmony has been achieved. This is lovely. Complex, fluid and just downright tasty. Bran, grapefruit, flinty-funk, stonefruit and citrus. The merest hint of fennel. It drives impressively through the palate and out through the finish.
96 Point Rated - Huon Hooke The Real Review
"Light yellow colour with a sulfur-dominated bouquet: it needs more time to integrate. Woolshed, dusty lanolin aromas. The palate is tight and intense, reserved and undeveloped. This and the SO2 level suggest it's intended for longer ageing. It needs more time. Two days later, it had opened up and showed superb complexity as well as refinement, offering much more pleasure."
95 Point Rated - James Halliday Wine Companion
" From the KBS (50%), Thompson (25%), Lyncroft and Jimjoca Vineyards, whole-bunch pressed, fermented in French puncheons (25% new), 70% mlf, blended after 7 months. Synergy is by no means guaranteed by blending, but it has been achieved here, with the KBS and Thompson components doing most of the heavy lifting. There is good tactile grip, the flavours tipped towards grapefruit, the length very good."
94 Point Rated - Campbell Mattison The Wine Front
The Reserve brings the individual vineyard components together. Four vineyards employed here. 70% went through mlf. This was bottled in December 2016 so it doesn’t spend any great length of time in oak.
Mornington Peninsula, Victoria
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar mid term|
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 188.8.131.52
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 280.45ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT
- bvseo-msg: HTTP status code of 404 was returned;