Stonier Mornington Peninsula Chardonnay 2021
PREVIOUS VINTAGE 92 POINT RATED CAMPBELL MATTINSON THE WINE FRONT STONIER MORNINGTON PENINSULA CHARDONNAY
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 0 out of 5 stars.
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE 92 POINT RATED CAMPBELL MATTISON THE WINE FRONT
- STUART KNOX REAL REVIEW "A FRESH STYLE OFFERING GOOD VALUE"
- HIGHLY RATED JANE FAULKNER WINE COMPANION
- 5 RED STAR RATED WINERY JAMES HALLIDAY
- SOURCED FROM VINEYARDS IN MORNINGTON PENINSULA REGION
Layered and complex with a bouquet of cashew nuts, straw, citrus, honey, sourdough and mocha oak.
The creamy viscosity of the yellow peach and honey flavours is balanced by savoury notes of toast and a satiating finish reminiscent of alpine water filtered through stone.
The grapes for Stonier Chardonnay were selected from several Stonier long term vineyards, centred near Merricks, Balnarring and Merricks North. With the long history of Stonier on the Mornington Peninsula, most of these vineyards are now in excess of 15 years old, with many more than 25 years old.
Fermented in a mix of French oak puncheons (10% new with a large percentage of one and two year), together with some older barriques, for a total maturation period of 10 months, followed by time in tank after blending.
The mild conditions on the 2021 season allowed riper flavours and balanced acid to occur at lower sugar levels. This meant that this wine has a more savoury flavour profile than the previous vintage. The significant acid shift from the malolactic fermentation has given this wine an extra degree of volume and power. A classic vintage that will mature well into the medium term, developing more honey and biscuit notes with age.
Mornington Peninsula, Victoria
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar 1-3 years|
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 126.96.36.199
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 10.68ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT
- bvseo-msg: HTTP status code of 404 was returned;