Normans Old Vine Barossa Valley Semillon 2022
LIMITED RELEASE OLD VINE BAROSSA VALLEY SEMILLON FROM TROPHY WINNING WINEMAKER ESTABLISHED 1853
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 2.5 out of 5 stars.
- LIMITED RELEASE NORMANS OLD VINE BAROSSA VALLEY SEMILLON
- ONE OF AUSTRALIA'S MOST AWARDED WINEMAKERS ESTABLISHED 1853
- ONLY 500 DOZEN PRODUCED FROM SINGLE OLD VINE BAROSSA VALLEY VINEYARD
- UNBEATABLE VALUE UNDER $10 A BOTTLE SAVE $240 A DOZEN
Florals and lemon grass along with citrus and lime perfumes. The palate is complex with almond and honeysuckle notes as well as buttery textures whilst it provides a tangy long line of acidity and cleansing finish.
Normans Wines is one of the oldest and most respected family names in Australian winemaking. Since 1853, when Jesse Norman planted his first vines in Adelaide, Normans Wines has developed a reputation for premium award-winning Australian wines. Normans Wines is one of Australia’s founding winemakers.
The vineyard source was a single old vineyard in the Rowland Flat region of the Barossa Valley. Above average rainfall in winter made up for the drier Autumn period leading to full healthy canopies. The vineyard escaped most of the hail event in late October although yields were still lower than the average. Slow ripening due to cooler than average conditions made for a slow drawn-out vintage resulting in wines with higher natural acid and rich colours. We destemmed, settled, and fermented using specific yeasts then allowed to rest on lees for a 3-month period then filtered and bottled to retain as much luscious fruit as possible.
Barossa Valley, South Australia
|Grape Variety:||Sauvignon Blanc|
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar 1-3 years|
- y_2022, m_8, d_12, h_20
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.32
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_0, tr_1
- loc_en_AU, sid_116211, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 22.214.171.124
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 224.53ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT