Mawson's Limestone Coast Sauvignon Blanc 2017
"FINE SAUVIGNON BLANC" HUON HOOKE LIMESTONE COAST SAUVY FROM YALUMBA WINES
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 4.1 out of 5 stars.
- PRODUCED BY WINEMAKING ICON YALUMBA WINES
- SOURCED FROM WRATTONBULLY REGION IN LIMESTONE COAST
- HUON HOOKE "FINE SAUVIGNON BLANC"
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE HIGHLY RATED BY HALLIDAY
- VEGAN & VEGETARIAN FRIENDLY
Pale lemon with a green hue. The 2017 Mawson’s is a vibrant and zingy Sauvignon Blanc, opening with pungent aromas of nettles, Granny Smith apple and green paw paw. Upon further exploration, nuances of fresh grass and wet limestone unfold, with the unmistakable aroma of sea spray that this region is renowned for. This is a vibrant and racy wine, with a creamy texture adding a satisfying fullness to the palate.
There are flavours of grapefruit and tangelo, with lovely lip smacking tang redolent of preserved lemons. The finish is long and linear, making this a very enjoyable Australian Sauvignon Blanc,perfect for summertime fun.
Our Wrattonbully vineyard plantings of Sauvignon Blanc are extensive. This bounty allows excellent fruit choice and only the best grapes are selected for Mawson’s Cape Denison Sauvignon Blanc. Vineyard selection, combined with using only the free drained juice without the pressings, gives very fine, intense fruit flavours. After fermentation the wine was left on light lees until blending, allowing it to build complexity and palate weight.
The fruit for Mawson’s Cape Denison Sauvignon Blanc is grown on the deeper loam and clay soils of our vineyards in the Limestone Coast region. The more fertile soils encourage vigorous growth creating cool shaded fruit that preserves the intense flavours of this variety.
Limestone Coast, South Australia
|Grape Variety:||Sauvignon Blanc|
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar for short term|
- y_2019, m_11, d_13, h_1
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.1
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_1, tr_9
- loc_en_AU, sid_111450, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 184.108.40.206
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 257.52ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT