Fraser Gallop Estate Margaret River Chardonnay 2021
NEW RELEASE PREMIUM MARGARET RIVER CHARDONNAY PREVIOUS VINTAGE 95 POINT RATED JAMES HALLIDAY
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 0 out of 5 stars.
- NEW VINTAGE RELEASE MARGARET RIVER CHARDONNAY
- CHABLIS LIKE STYLED SINGLE VINEYARD CHARDONNAY
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE 95 POINT RATED JAMES HALLIDAY WINE COMPANION
- 5 RED STAR RATED WINERY JAMES HALLIDAY WINE COMPANION
It is quite Chablis like in its slatey refreshing acidity and bright flavours of just ripe white nectarine and grapefruits. The French oak is nicely integrated and barely perceptible.
The Estate Chardonnay (as we call it at Fraser Gallop Estate) is a style distinctly different from the Parterre Chardonnay. With this single vineyard, hand picked Chardonnay, we wish to downplay the influence of oak and let the pristine fruit flavours take the main stage and showcase what the vineyard can really do without artefact in the wine. The use of whole bunch Gin-Gin Chardonnay and indigenous yeasts in stainless steel barrels coupled with 2 year and 3-year-old French oak barrels and larger format 500L puncheons brings the fruit to the fore of this wine. A portion of the wine was fermented in stainless steel barrels to spread the lees contact and give the wine more texture.
Margaret River, Western Australia
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar mid term|
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 22.214.171.124
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 8.23ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT
- bvseo-msg: HTTP status code of 404 was returned;