Dalrymple Cave Block Tasmania Chardonnay 2020
PREVIOUS VINTAGE 90 POINT RATED TYSON STELZER JAMES HALLIDAY'S WINE COMPANION PIPERS RIVER TASMANIAN CHARDONNAY
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 0 out of 5 stars.
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE 90 POINT RATED TYSON STLZER JAMES HALLIDAY'S WINE COMPANION
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE 96 POINT RATED ANGUS HUGHSON WINE PILOT
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE 94 POINT RATED JAMES HALLIDAY WINE COMPANION
- SINGLE VINEYARD COOL CLIMATE CHARDONNAY FROM PIPERS RIVER REGION IN TASMANIA
- 5 STAR RATED WINERY JAMES HALLIDAY WINE COMPANION
Brilliant pale straw colour with greenish tinged edges and a watery hue. Pronounced white peach and nectarine aromatics morph into a complex amalgam of roasted cashew, nougat, a whiff of crème brulee, ginger and gun flint notes. Refined with a sleek feel across the palate, mouthfilling flavours of white peach, nectarine and dried honey meld with subtle notions of cashew, crème brulee and spicy nougat. Understated in its power and possessing a creamy texture it finishes deliciously fresh and very long.
Established in 1987, Dalrymple is situated in the heart of the highly acclaimed Pipers River region. Their Cave Block vineyard is a well sheltered site that has a slightly warmer microclimate producing low yields and intensely concentrated fruit, ideal for the production of refined cool climate Chardonnay. Winemaking techniques for the 2018 Cave Block Chardonnay included a parcel of wild fermentation, light lees contact and partial malolactic fermentation to naturally adjust acidity for balance and structure. Maturation took place in a mix of new and old French oak barriques and puncheons for a period of 11 months.
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar short term|
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 188.8.131.52
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 223.09ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT
- bvseo-msg: HTTP status code of 404 was returned;