Ashton Hills Piccadilly Valley Chardonnay 2021 6pack
93 POINT RATED JENI PORT JAMES HALLIDAY'S HALLIDAY WINE COMPANION ADELAIDE HILLS CHARDONNAY
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 0 out of 5 stars.
- 93 POINT RATED JENI PORT HALLIDAY WINE COMPANION
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE 97 POINT RATED TONY LOVE
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE 93 POINT RATED HUON HOOKE THE REAL REVIEW
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE 92 POINT RATED NICK STOCK JAMES SUCKLING.COM
Yellow peach and stonefruits are carried across the palate by a mouthwatering acid drive finishing with a touch of lemon curd. A hint of pithy phenolics provides the wine with a lovely moorish texture.
93 Point Rated Jeni Port Halliday Wine Companion
Keeps its slim, trim Adelaide Hills structure while giving it flesh and substance in the form of generous grapefruit, lemon zest, honeydew melon, nectarine with hints of struck flint. The finish is full of acid tension and emerging texture. Put it away for a while before broaching.
A limited release chardonnay from two selected Piccadilly Valley sites. Ferment was sparked by indigenous yeasts and the wine aged in Burgundian oak (predominantly puncheons) both old and new for eight months.
Flowering in Piccadilly Valley is relatively late owing to the cool climate, and we were lucky to flower during a warm window, however, combined with a dry season, yields were still compromised, as they were across the state. Although in short supply, quality was excellent and the clean fruit ripened in mild conditions showing good flavour and concentration.
Piccadilly Valley, South Australia
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar up to 2028|
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 220.127.116.11
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 246.53ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT
- bvseo-msg: HTTP status code of 404 was returned;