Songlines Estates Leylines Shiraz 2021
93 POINT RATED GOLD MEDAL WINNING SHIRAZ FROM PRODUCER OF TOP 3 SHIRAZ IN WORLD AWC VIENNA
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 4.33 out of 5 stars.
- 93 POINT RATED GOLD MEDAL WINNER WINE SHOWCASE MAGAZINE
- SONGLINES ESTATES HAS BEEN CALLED THE LATOUR OF MCLAREN VALE DECANTER MAGAZINE
- SONGLINES SHIRAZ HAS BEEN NAMED ONE OF VIENNA WINE COMPS TOP 3 IN WORLD
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE RATED 90 POINTS BY JAMES HALLIDAY
Beautiful purple with ruby red rim. Vibrant and youthful but very approachable highlighted by black and red fruits, with aromas of fresh plum, blackberry and cherry with hints of raspberry and mulberry making their way through. Fresh fruit forward style making it ideal in its youth, freshly cut plum, cherry and raspberry give initial palate depth while silky tannins and a kiss of oak give length and drive.
93 Point Rated - Australian Wine Showcase Magazine
Highly Rated- Sam Kim Wine Orbit
"Attractively fruited and nicely fragrant on the nose with dark plum, sweet cherry, floral and subtle spice aromas, it's juicy and rounded in the mouth delivering bright fruit flavours with supple texture. Friendly and delightfully appealing. At its best: now to 2027. $25.00. www.songlinesestates.com.au. Sept 2022."
Australian Wine Showcase Magazine
“Songlines” are invisible pathways which criss cross the land all over Australia and stretch across continents and ages. The exceptional wine is named Songlines as it perfectly encapsulates the importance of the land, people and knowledge learned over time and across continents.
Leylines is made with the same meticulous care and attention as Songlines and Bylines but with a smaller price tag. The grapes come from vineyards a little younger than Songlines and Bylines and the fruit has been specifically hand chosen for its approachability as a young wine. 2018 saw the selection of some older material as part of the final blend to add some more complex character and add longevity. The winemaking uses warmer ferments in traditional open fermenters with hand “piage” 4 times each day to soften the palate, and the use of older barrels to impart less oak dominance. The wine is matured for 12 months in older French barrels to provide softer rounder oak character.
|Cellaring:||Drink now and will cellar for mid term|
- y_2023, m_9, d_25, h_4
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.35
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_0, tr_3
- loc_en_AU, sid_116305, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 126.96.36.199
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 233.65ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT