Petaluma Evans Vineyard Cabernet Blend 2014
MUSEUM RELEASE YELLOW LABEL EVANS VINEYARD CABERNET BLEND 93 POINT RATED JAMES HALLIDAY
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 5 out of 5 stars.
- ICONIC PETALUMA YELLOW LABEL EVAN VINEYARD COONAWARRA
- 93 POINT RATED JAMES HALLIDAY WINE COMPANION
- SOURCED FROM THE EVANS VINEYARD PLANTED IN 1969
- PETALUMA WINES WAS ESTABLISHED IN 1976
- 5 RED STAR RATED WINERY JAMES HALLIDAY WINE COMPANION
Elegantly structured and beautifully perfumed, it is typified by fresh blackcurrant pastille aromas, fine‑grained tannins and underlying savoury oak.
93 Points - James Halliday Wine Companion
"A typical varietal mix for this wine with this release: 57% cabernet sauvignon, 40% merlot, 3% shiraz. 18 months in 90% new French oak. Fragrant mulberry aromas and mint are dominant on the bouquet, the toasty oak a quiet contributor. Smoothly textured and long on the palate, the fruit builds in depth as it goes along, with the finish built more on acid than tannin. Drink by 2032."
Yellow-labelled Petaluma Coonawarra is one of Coonawarra’s most enduring claret style wines. A blend of cabernet merlot with a touch of shiraz and petit verdot, the fruit derives predominantly from the low‑cropping Evans Vineyard (first planted in 1969). After vinification the wine is matured in new French oak barriques for 20 to 22 months.
Established in 1976, Petaluma has unlocked the great potential of Riesling from the Hanlin Hill Vineyard in Clare, pioneered the Piccadilly Valley and Mount Barker in the Adelaide Hills and cemented the pedigree of the Evans Vineyard in Coonawarra, South Australia. Winemaker Andrew Hardy and the Petaluma team firmly adhere to the tenet that if the vineyards are great, and the winemaking responsive, the wines will be outstanding. Indeed, Andrew sees his role as custodian of the vineyards.
Coonawarra, South Australia
|Grape Variety:||Cabernet Sauvignon|
- y_2021, m_4, d_13, h_20
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.14
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_0, tr_1
- loc_en_AU, sid_114461, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 22.214.171.124
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 203.75ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT