Normans Chais Clarendon McLaren Vale Cabernet Sauvignon 2021 Dozen
95 POINT RATED GOLD MEDAL WINNER WINE SHOWCASE & 94 POINT RATED SAM KIM WINE ORBIT
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 4.5 out of 5 stars.
- 95 POINT RATED & GOLD MEDAL WINNER WINE SHOWCASE MAGAZINE
- 94 POINT RATED SAM KIM WINE ORBIT
- CHAIS CLARENDON HAS BEEN NAMED WINE OF THE YEAR BY WINESTATE MAGAZINE
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE 10 TIME INTERNATIONAL GOLD WINNER
- ONE OF AUSTRALIA’S OLDEST & MOST RESPECTED WINE COMPANIES ESTABLISHED 1853
Black squid ink, impenetrable colour. The nose shows dark fruits, dark chocolate and olive notes with rich blackcurrant and violets leading in to a richly flavoured palate. The palate shows elegance and length with dark plum and olive flavours relishing. There is a lot of complexity of flavors and mid palate richness derived from obvious highly concentrated fruit and well-balanced oak usage. The obvious finesse and length along with the finely grained yet expressive tannins in this wine shows it has great cellaring potential and could be a true treasure over the years to come.
95 Point Rated - Australian Wine Showcase Magazine
"Delightful sweet oaky lift on nose. elegantly structured palate with fine tannins and savoury fruit finish."
94 Point Rated - Sam Kim Wine Orbit
"It’s immediately appealing on the nose with crème de cassis, vanilla, dried herb and roasted nut characters, followed by a sturdy palate offering rich fruit intensity together with spicy nuances. Tannins are beautifully polished and in abundance, making it wonderfully structured and persistent on the finish. At its best: now to 2027. $46.00. www.normanswines.com. Aug 2022."
Australian Wine Showcase Magazine
Hand picked then fermented in small stainless steel fermenters to maintain strong fruit flavour from skins. The wine then went into American and French oak barrels for the remainder of ferment where it spent an extended period of time to allow full flavour development and fruit and oak to balance and compliment each other.
McLaren Vale, South Australia
|Grape Variety:||Cabernet Sauvignon|
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar for 10+ years|
- y_2023, m_3, d_23, h_22
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.34
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_0, tr_2
- loc_en_AU, sid_116351, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 220.127.116.11
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 250.47ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT
Link Your Account
Do you already have a Get Wines Direct account?
If yes, please enter your login information below.