Berton Vineyards Foundstone Sauvignon Blanc 2021
NEW VINTAGE RELEASE PREVIOUS VINTAGE INTERNATIONAL DOUBLE GOLD MEDAL WINNING SAUV BLANC BUY A CASE GET A CASE FREE
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 4 out of 5 stars.
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE INTERNATIONAL DOUBLE GOLD MEDAL WINNER
- BUY A CASE GET A CASE FREE
- EQUATES TO $6.99 A BOTTLE
- PRODUCER OF WORLD'S BEST VALUE WINE.COM
This Sauvignon Blanc displays dominant aromas of freshly squeezed lime and grassy notes with underlying hints of passionfruit. The palate is soft with sweet lemon and lime flavours and a subtle note of snow pea leading to a long and crisp finish. Enjoy with sushi or seafood dishes. This wine is best served with fresh seafood dishes, sushi or simply on its own.
Drought conditions continued across south Eastern Australia in late 2019 and early 2020, so supplementary water was crucial in maintaining vine health and crop protection. Rain at the start of harvest meant we had to pick slightly earlier than normal, but despite the seasons’ challenges, and lower alcohols, wine quality from the vintage has been excellent. Harvested in the cool of night to retain fresh flavours, the Sauvignon Blanc juice is fermented at temperatures of 14-16°C - the cooler temperatures helped to retain the fresh and light Sauvignon Blanc aromas and flavours. After fermentation the wine was filtered and blended for bottling as quickly as possible to maintain freshness.
South Eastern Australia
|Grape Variety:||Sauvignon Blanc|
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar up to 2 years|
- y_2022, m_8, d_11, h_20
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.32
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_0, tr_4
- loc_en_AU, sid_115205, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 188.8.131.52
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 238.21ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT