Einzellage Seppeltsfield Barossa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon 2016
92 POINT RATED SINGLE VINEYARD ULTRA PREMIUM SEPPELTSFIELD BAROSSA CAB SAUV
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 4.33 out of 5 stars.
- 92 POINT RATED SINGLE VINEYARD SMALL BATCH BAROSSA VALLEY CABERNET SAUVIGNON
- FROM ONE OF BAROSSA VALLEYS MOST REVERED GROWERS
- SOURCED FROM VINEYARD LOCATED IN SEPPELTSFIELD REGION IN BAROSSA
- EINZELLAGE MEANS SINGLE SITE WHICH IS WHERE FRUIT IS SOURCED
Deep maroon red with bright purple hues. Instantly recognizable varietal characters with lifted aromas of blackcurrant, blackberry and vanilla are accompanied by vibrant, dark berry fruits. Full bodied fleshy fruit cuts through, varietal and regional characters abound with blackcurrant, blackberry chocolate and cassis. The palate has a presence only present in high quality fruit from the finest subregion, the structure is faultless we used subtle French oak (2nd and 3rd use) to impart and integrate fruit weight, subtle tannins and its all defined with long length. Cabernet Sauvignon is a long underrated variety in the Barossa and this illustrates how good it is.
92 Point Rated
Wine Showcase Magazine
Sourced From One Of Barossa Valleys Most Revered Growers from a single vineyard high in the Western Barossa sub region of Seppeltsfield. Fruit was picked in early hour s of morning when temperatures were at their lowest for the day to ensure fruit remained crisp whilst being transported to winery. The grapes were destalked and placed uncrushed into small stainless steel open top fermenters. A cultured yeast was used to start fermentation and the tanks were hand plunged spending 7 days on skins at 26 degrees. The skins we gently pressed and we aged wine in 2nd and 3rd use French barriques to impart a small amount of oak but retain fleshy fruit flavours then bottled with minimal filtration and no fining.
Barossa Valley, South Australia
|Grape Variety:||Cabernet Sauvignon|
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar long term|
- y_2019, m_9, d_21, h_22
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_2.0.13
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_1, tr_2
- loc_en_AU, sid_110985, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 188.8.131.52
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 210.52ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT