Turkey Flat Barossa Valley Shiraz 2017
94 POINT HALLIDAY RATED BAROSSA SHIRAZ SOURCED FROM 170 YEAR OLD VINES
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 0 out of 5 stars.
- 94 POINT RATED JAMES HALLIDAY
- 92 POINT RATED & AWARD WINNER BAROSSA WINE SHOW 2019
- ARGUABLY THE GREATEST TURKEY FLAY ESTATE SHIRAZ EVER MADE
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE 98 POINTS JAMES HALLIDAY
- CUSTODIANS OF ONE OF THE OLDEST VINEYARDS IN BAROSSA ESTABLISHED IN 1847
- MOST SUCCESSFUL EXHIBITOR BAROSSA WINE SHOW 2019
- PRODUCER OF JIMMY WATSON TROPHY WINNER 2017
In a word svelte! This luxurious full-bodied wine immediately invites you in with fresh aromatics, then showcases a restrained power of great finesse and elegance, coupled with fine tannins and a lingering finish. Tastes of boysenberry, blackberry, violet, earth, clove, toast and cedarwood. Arguably the greatest Turkey Flat Estate Shiraz we have made!
94 Point Rated James Halliday
"The cadence of this wine fits best with the Barossan archetype: avuncular, warm and comforting. This said, it also embraces a lighter, fresher and more aromatic form. Violet, clove and sweet cherry liqueur teem along well portioned vanilla pod oak and anise-doused grape tannins. Svelte and long."
92 Point Rated Barossa Wine Show 2019
Barossa Wine Show 2019
Shiraz is a variety that carries great significance in the Barossa Valley and as caretakers for some of the oldest surviving Shiraz vines in the world (dating back to 1847), we take immense pride in crafting this wine. Our highly acclaimed Shiraz has received numerous awards since its first vintage in 1990. However it's the versatility of this wine, in the way it embraces both power and elegance that we are most proud of. Approachable in its youth or cellar for many years.This Shiraz is a result of a very intricate blending process. After each parcel of fruit is individually vinified & aged in specially selected French oak barrels, the final blend is created with careful consideration to upholding its reputation for cellaring gracefully, retaining its freshness and balance for many years. High spring rainfall and consistent temperatures throughout the growing season saw higher yields coupled with excellent flavour intensity. Overall, an exceptional year.
|Cellaring:||drink now or cellar for 7+ years|
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 126.96.36.199
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 260.33ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT
- bvseo-msg: HTTP status code of 404 was returned;