The Derek Victorian Shiraz 2018
91 POINT RATED NEW VINTAGE VICTORIAN BLOCKBUSTER BUY A CASE GET ONE GET FREE
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 4.33 out of 5 stars.
- 91 POINT RATED NEW RELEASE
- OUR BEST SELLING VICTORIAN SHIRAZ
- DEREK HAS BEEN RATED UP TO 94 POINTS
- SAVE 76% OR $276 A DOZEN
- BUY A CASE GET A CASE FREE, EQUATES TO $6.99 A BOTTLE ON DOZENS BUYS
Deep purple to black colour. Intense and vibrant aroma of dark fruit and spice, beautifully varietal with ripe plum and blackberry with well integrated oak and chocolate hints coming through. The palate is fruit driven with dark fruit being the overwhelming hero here while oak and smooth tannins all working in unison. The complexity is derived from some spicy character whilst the finish is backed by a great acid back bone and the tannin structure will ensure the wine continues to drink well over the medium term.
91 Point Rated
Wine Showcase Magazine
Sourced from premium vineyards across Victoria. The fruit was crushed then underwent cold macerating. Fermented in open top fermenters with regular pump over’s to extract both colour and tannin. Following another week of maceration the dry free run is drained to tank. The skins are then pressed and the pressings transferred to the same tank, the wine is then racked with select parcels going into barrel. The wine is aged in older oak hogsheads then bottled after 12 months maturation with minimal fining and filtration.
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar for mid term|
- y_2019, m_7, d_20, h_7
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_2.0.12
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_1, tr_2
- loc_en_AU, sid_110929, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 22.214.171.124
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 7.7ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT