The Colonial Estate Explorateur Barossa Valley Shiraz 2021
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 4.38 out of 5 stars.
- 95 POINT RATED GOLD MEDAL WINNER WINE SHOWCASE MAGAZINE
- 94 POINT RATED SAM KIM WINE ORBIT
- GOLD MEDAL MELBOURNE INTERNATIONAL WINE COMPETITION
- OUR BIGGEST SELLING BAROSSA SHIRAZ PREVIOUS VINTAGE 91 POINT RATED ROBERT PARKER
Deep purple with red brick flash around edge. Blackberry fruits with hints of licorice, oak and aniseed. The palate is softly spoken and fruit driven initially with blackberries, plums and licorice notes giving your insight into what is ahead. An approachable mid palate, which is full-flavored, while the fine-grained tannins finish with complex notes of olives, cashew nuts and oak. An alluring finish, which is moreish and smooth, yet has great length.
95 Point Rated - Australian Wine Showcase Magazine
"Vibrant nose of fresh berry notes and spice. Lovely drying palate with savoury tannins and long tasty finish."
94 Point Rated - Sam Kim Wine Orbit
"Sweetly ripe and delectably styled, showing blackberry, spicy oak, cocoa and warm spice aromas on the nose. The opulent palate displays plump mouthfeel and silky texture, leading to a persistent velvety finish. At its best: now to 2031
Australian Wine Showcase Magazine
Melbourne International Wine Competition
The vineyards that make up Explorateur are based in the northwestern Barossa Valley. This is a belt of land/terroir that runs from just to the northwest of Tanunda – Marananga, Greenock, Moppa, Ebenezer, and through to Stockwell, just north of Nuriootpa. Cropping levels are kept low to ensure fruit flavour is focus. The same equipment that is accorded to our more expensive wines is made available to Explorateur. Fermentation is French in approach for up to two thirds of the wine made; the rest is vinified in a more Australian way.
Barossa Valley, South Australia
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar up to 7 years|
- y_2022, m_12, d_7, h_22
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.34
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_0, tr_32
- loc_en_AU, sid_115673, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 126.96.36.199
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 241.28ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT