The Colonial Estate Explorateur Barossa Valley Shiraz 2018
94 POINT RATED MULTIPLE GOLD MEDAL WINNING BAROSSA VALLEY SHIRAZ FROM COLONIAL ESTATE
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 4.12 out of 5 stars.
- 94 POINT RATED GOLD MEDAL WINNING BAROSSA SHIRAZ
- INTERNATIONAL GOLD MEDAL WINNER CWSA 2020
- HIGHLY RATED WINESTATE MAGAZINE WORLD'S GREATEST SHIRAZ CHALLENGE
- OUTPOINTED PAUL JABOULET AINE LA CHAPPELLE HERMITAGE SHIRAZ VALUED AT $800 A BOTTLE
- OUR BEST SELLING BAROSSA VALLEY SHIRAZ OF ALL TIME
Deep purple with red brick flash around edge. Blackberry fruits with hints of licorice, oak and aniseed. The palate is softly spoken and fruit driven initially with blackberries, plums and licorice notes giving your insight into what is ahead. An approachable mid palate, which is full-flavored, while the fine-grained tannins finish with complex notes of olives, cashew nuts and oak. An alluring finish, which is moreish and smooth, yet has great length.
94 Point Rated - Wine Showcase Magazine
"Great nose of varietal fruit presence. Palate shows lovely oak spice and good length of chalky tannins and some nice tarry complexity."
Highly Rated - Winestate Magazine World's Greatest Shiraz Challenge
"Cherries and chocolate lift off the nose with lovely sweet flavours. "Very yummy" according to one judge!" $30
The Colonial Estate Explorateur Barossa Valley Shiraz 2018 Outpointed The Following WInes At Winestate Magazine's World's Greatest Shiraz Challenge;
Paul Jaboulet Aine La Chappelle Hermitage France Shiraz 2017 - RRP $800 A Bottle
Wines By Geoff Hardy Pertaringa Yeoman McLaren Vale Shiraz 2016 - RRP $250 A Bottle
Wines By Geoff Hardy Pertaringa Yeoman McLaren Vale Shiraz 2017 - RRP $250 A Bottle
China Wine & Spirit Awards 2020
The vineyards that make up Explorateur are based in the northwestern Barossa Valley. This is a belt of land/terroir that runs from just to the northwest of Tanunda – Marananga, Greenock, Moppa, Ebenezer, and through to Stockwell, just north of Nuriootpa. Cropping levels are kept low to ensure fruit flavour is focus. The same equipment that is accorded to our more expensive wines is made available to Explorateur. Fermentation is French in approach for up to two thirds of the wine made; the rest is vinified in a more Australian way.
Barossa Valley, South Australia
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar up to 7 years|
- y_2021, m_1, d_24, h_17
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.13
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_0, tr_17
- loc_en_AU, sid_113365, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 220.127.116.11
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 303.46ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT