The Colonial Estate Envoy Barossa Valley Grenache Shiraz Mourvedre 2018
NEW VINTAGE GRENACHE SHIRAZ MOURVEDRE PREVIOUS VINTAGE 94 POINT RATED TRIPLE MEDAL WINNER
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 0 out of 5 stars.
- NEW VINTAGE OF OUR BEST SELLING BAROSSA GSM
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE 94 POINT RATED WINE SHOWCASE MAGAZINE
- BAROSSA VERSION OF SOUTHERN RHONE GSM BLEND
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE TRIPLE GOLD MEDAL WINNER
Wonderful fruit driven palate feels light despite having significant depth of flavour; the driving force here is red and dark berry fruit, raspberry offers a light touch along with complex notes of spice and white pepper. Smooth and silky finish.Lifted aromas of violet and red berry, black cherry and raspberry.
Envoy is probably the most European in style wine that we make in Australia and has been confused from time to time with a wine from the Southern Rhone. As ever, the grapes are picked and given a French twist in their winemaking to deliver something slightly different. Fermentation is French for up to two-thirds of the wine made the rest vinified in a more standard Australian way. Aged in oak for 12 months then in bottle for an additional 12 months prior to release.
Barossa Valley, South Australia
|Grape Variety:||Grenache Shiraz|
|Cellaring:||Drink now or celar over the next 5-years|
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 184.108.40.206
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 7.45ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT
- bvseo-msg: HTTP status code of 404 was returned;