Penfolds Bin 2 Shiraz Mataro 2018
PREVIOUS VINTAGE 93 POINT RATED ANDREW CAILLARD PENFOLDS BIN 2 SHIRAZ MATARO AT AUSTRALIA'S BEST PRICE
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 0 out of 5 stars.
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE 93 POINT RATED ANDREW CAILLARD
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE 92 POINT RATED CAMPBELL MATTINSON
- ICONIC PENFOLDS BIN 2 SHIRAZ CABERNET BLEND
- AUSTRALIA'S BEST PRICE ON PENFOLDS BIN 2
- 5 RED STAR RATED WINERY & WINNER JAMES HALLIDAY WINERY OF YEAR
Deep red. Mediterranean notes of savoury ratatouille, sundried tomato, olive tapenade, Moroccan spices and charcoal roasted roast game. Balancing the savoury notes are aromatic blueberries, exotic red fruits, perfumed cranberry and fresh pomegranate. A delightfully complex amalgam of savoury green olives, pepperoni with a hint of sweet/salty Dutch liquorice. Soft blue fruits to the fore with textured tannins providing grip. An expansive palate gives this wine generosity and presence.
Above average winter and spring rainfall offered the vines in South Australia healthy soil moisture profiles for the growing season. Cool conditions prevailed across the state in early spring, delaying the commencement of the growing season. Temperatures gradually started to warm in October. There was plentiful rain during the growing season and no prolonged heatwaves recorded during the summer months, with only a few days reaching 40ºC. The late start to the season delayed veraison and the commencement of harvest. Weather conditions during the final stages of ripening were dry with March rainfall falling below the long-term average. April was mild, allowing for an orderly completion of harvest. The prevailing autumnal conditions favouring fully ripened grapes with well-developed colours and flavours.
McLaren Vale, Barossa Valley, Padthaway and Wrattonbully, South Australia
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar up to 2029|
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 184.108.40.206
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 237.98ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT
- bvseo-msg: HTTP status code of 404 was returned;