Glen Eldon Eight Barrels Single Vineyard Eden Valley Shiraz 2017
UNDER HALF PRICE EDEN VALLEY SHIRAZ PREVIOUS VINTAGE RATED 96 POINTS JAMES HALLIDAY
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 5 out of 5 stars.
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE RATED 96 POINTS & SPECIAL RELEASE JAMES HALLIDAY
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE 93 POINTS WINE ENTHUSIAST OUTPOINTING PENFOLDS ST HENRI $100 A BOTTLE
- SOURCED FROM SINGLE VINEYARD IN EDEN VALLEY
- 5 RED STAR JAMES HALLIDAY RATED WINERY
Selected to demonstrate the very essence of Eden Valley Shiraz, this wine offers the hallmark Shiraz characters of chocolate, plum, spice, pepper and silky fine tannins. Exceptional balance and structure make this wine great drinking now however, with medium term cellaring it will become a truly fantastic wine. Enjoy this wine with great food and good friends.
The Eight Barrells Shiraz has been specially selected from the finest barrels of Shiraz off a single block at the homestead property.
The home block vineyard in Springton is just 30 acres split evenly between Shiraz and Cabernet. But such is the differences in soil types and Richard’s dedication to creating distinctive wines that he makes 6 different Shiraz wines from the one vineyard. The aim is to give him the most options when he comes to blending his final wines. One is kept apart. The top block is different: rocky free draining soils, exposed to the evening breezes and all day sun make these the most naturally stressed vines. The resulting fruit has such intensity and flavour that this single vineyard Eden Valley Shiraz is making it’s much more illustrious neighbours down the road sit up and pay attention.
Eden Valley, South Australia
|Cellaring:||Drink now or for the next 5 years|
- y_2020, m_4, d_6, h_15
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.5
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_0, tr_1
- loc_en_AU, sid_112713, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 22.214.171.124
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 255.23ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT