Berton Vineyards Foundstone Shiraz 2020
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 3.67 out of 5 stars.
- BACK VINTAGE RELEASE OF ONE OF OUR MOST POPULAR WINES
- BUY A CASE GET A CASE FREE EQUATES TO $6.99 A BOTTLE
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE INTERNATIONAL GOLD MEDAL WINNER
- PRODUCED BY WINNER OF AUSTRALIA'S BEST VALUE WINE
This Shiraz is densely coloured with youthful violet hues. The nose is expressive, offering an abundance of aromas, predominantly ripe blackberry and plums along with toasty sweet oak. The palate is generous and concentrated showing red berry, black currant and plum flavours. Complex oak characters of coffee, vanilla and caramel complement the full fruit Favours and create a rich, long and satisfying finish.
In the vineyard drought conditions provided warm and dry weather in the Riverina. Yields were down, making more concentrated fruit, and long awaited rain in January helped the vines get through to harvest which occurred in early March. Individual vineyards were fermented separately in stainless steel potters for 4-6 days between 26 and 30 degrees and pumped over onto premium French toasted and untoasted oak chips. The wine was then pressed off skins at 1 baume and left to ferment until dry, then racked onto French oak staves and inoculated with malolactic bacteria. After malolactic fermentation was complete the wine was then clarified, and the best parcels were selected and blended.
|Source/Region:||South Eastern Australia|
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar for 5 years|
- y_2023, m_3, d_23, h_22
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.34
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_0, tr_6
- loc_en_AU, sid_114506, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 220.127.116.11
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 262.69ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT
Link Your Account
Do you already have a Get Wines Direct account?
If yes, please enter your login information below.