Redman Coonawarra Shiraz 2016
COONAWARRA SHIRAZ FROM LEGENDARY REDMAN WINES 5 STAR RATED WINERY JAMES HALLIDAY
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 5 out of 5 stars.
- NEW VINTAGE COONAWARRA SHIRAZ FROM REDMAN WINES
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE 91 POINT RATED HUON HOOKE
- 5 STAR HALLIDAY RATED WINERY
- FAMILY HISTORY IN WINEMAKING DATING BACK OVER 100 YEARS
Medium dark crimson with purple tints. The aroma exhibits red berry fruit with spicy notes, and vanilla oak. Medium bodied showing sweet fruit and soft tannins, the palate has excellent depth and length of flavour while showing great structure.
The 2016 Redman Shiraz is made from grapes grown on vines that are over forty years old, which are carefully hand pruned, on the Redman family vineyards in the heart of Coonawarra. The 2016 vintage was an excellent, with a warm dry Spring which allowed ideal conditions for flowering and fruit set. The dry mild Summer resulted in an extended time for berry development and ripening, allowing time for the fruit to develop tannins and complexity. This Shiraz was harvested during the third week of March, the fruit showing excellent flavor and varietal definition.
After being mechanically harvested, and crushed in the field, vigilantly monitored fermentation, using specially selected yeast, was carried out in open concrete and stainless steel fermenters. The wine was matured in American and French oak hogsheads forfourteen months prior to bottling in February 2018.
|Source/Region:||Coonawarra, South Australia
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar mid term|
- y_2020, m_10, d_29, h_16
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.12
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_0, tr_1
- loc_en_AU, sid_113561, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 18.104.22.168
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 326.9ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT