De Bortoli Windy Peak Heathcote Shiraz Grenache 2017
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 4.4 out of 5 stars.
- 91 POINT RATED RAY JORDAN THE WEST AUSTRALIAN
- 90 POINT RATED HUON HOOKE THE REAL REVIEW
- MULTIPLE AWARD WINNING HEATHCOTE UNDER $10 A BOTTLE
- 5 STAR RATED WINERY JAMES HALLIDAY WINE COMPANION
Deep red hue with purple edges, aromas of violets, red fruits and wild rosemary. Lush ripe flavours dark fruits, olive spice, gentle tannins, plump and very drinkable.
91 Point Rated - Ray Jordan The West Australia
"This excellent wine comes from Heathcote. It shows the distinctive ironstone and gravelly characters of that region. You don’t normally get wines of this complexity at this price point."
90 Point Rated - Huon Hooke The Real Review
"Deep red colour with a good tinge of purple. The bouquet has charred oak and spice notes, and is also earthy and brightly intense. The same spice and earth, and charcoal smoky notes appear on the palate, which has abundant tannins and good length. Outstanding value for money."
Highly Rated - James Halliday Wine Companion
"Surprisingly savoury, but if introduced to the right partner by a vinous dating agency could impress."
Cairns Show Wine Awards 2018 & 2019
Cowra Wine Show 2018
Heathcote Wine Show 2019
Sydney Royal Wine Show 2018
2017 was later season producing wines with lovely perfume and depth of flavour Fruit is sourced from carefully selected parcels of Shiraz and Grenache grown on the red volcanic soils of Northern Heathcote. Fruit is harvested at 14.0-15.0 Baume to achieve a balance of fruit ripeness and soft acidity.
|Grape Variety:||Grenache Shiraz|
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar mid term|
- y_2021, m_4, d_12, h_16
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.14
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_0, tr_5
- loc_en_AU, sid_114039, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 220.127.116.11
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 8.47ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT