Hemera Estate Pegasus Tawny
FORTIFIED GRENACHE SHIRAZ TAWNY BLEND FROM 5 STAR HALLIDAY RATED WINEMAKER
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 5 out of 5 stars.
- FORTIFIED GRENACHE SHIRAZ TAWNY
- 5 STAR HALLIDAY RATED WINERY
- LIMITED RELEASE BARREL AGED BAROSSA VALLEY TAWNY
- PRODUCER OF 97 POINT RATED BAROSSA WINES
This Tawny wine has seen extended maturation in seasoned old fortified barrels for a number of years to allow full development. Dates, prunes and sweet spices lift are evident. The palate is sweeter yet balanced with cleansing acidity and some nutty tannins from the older oak which makes this a luscious wine.
The wines in this range are intended to be approachable styles of wine that are ideally suited to casual get-togethers and offer exceptional value for money. Whilst drinking well upon release they still have great aging potential and follow the Hemera Estate principle of ‘Intensity, Structure and Elegance’. Fruit driven and full of flavour these wines over deliver on quality.
This wine is Non-Vintage (NV), meaning that it has been selected frona a number of different parcels of wines over many years of age to make a consistent blend of style.
Berries the parcels are brought into the winery where they are gently crushed into the air bag press. Here the free-run and pressing juice are combined together abd trans- ferred into stainless steel tanks. The fermentation took place at the the cool tempera- ture of 10-14 degrees for maximum fruit retention. Once the desired sugar level is reached, brandy spirit is added to halt the ferment and the the wine is transferred to old fortified barrels for it’s long maturation.
Varietal composition: Various red varieties, predominately Shiraz/Grenache.
Barossa Valley, South Australia
- y_2020, m_5, d_27, h_15
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.8
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_0, tr_2
- loc_en_AU, sid_112015, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 184.108.40.206
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 266.42ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT