Yalumba Paradox Northern Barossa Shiraz 2019
BACK VINTAGE RELASE PREV VINTAGE 94 POINT RATED BOB CAMPBELL & 93 POINT RATED NED GOODWIN PARADOX BAROSSA SHIRAZ
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 0 out of 5 stars.
- Previous Vintage 94 Point Rated Bob Campbell The Real Review
- 5 Red Star Rated Winery James Halliday
- Previous Vintage93 Point Rated Ned Goodwin Halliday Wine Companion
- Australia's Oldest Family Owned Winery Established 1849
Barossa Valley, South Australia
|Drink now or cellar up 5 years
|Foil over cork
Deep scarlet red in colour. Rose petals, plum, chocolate and cassis aromas leap from the glass. After some time hints of vanilla cream, olive tapenade and sweet oak spice reveal themselves. The palate is soft and plush with loads of dark cherry, plum, chocolate and espresso coffee that leads to an elegant finish of fine tannins. Enjoy with mushroom and thyme risotto or char-grilled rib eye with roast potatoes and green beans.
A cool winter with lighter than average rainfalls. This mild, dry weather through the growing season produced grapes with great flavour and concentration. Summer was full of sunshine and warm dry weather, this kept berry sizes small and was great for ripening them. The resulting Shiraz is a wine of structure, flavour and concentration. The northern area of the Barossa Valley has some of the oldest landscapes in the Barossa. At 200 million years old, these bed rocks have formed the soils in which the grape vines grow. It is also one of the early grape growing areas of the Barossa with many generational growers who are both traditional and attune to the needs of making their vineyards sustainable with modern viticultural thinking.
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 126.96.36.199
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 242.52ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT
- bvseo-msg: HTTP status code of 404 was returned;