The Derek Victorian Shiraz 2021 Dozen
91 POINT RATED AWARD WINNING SHIRAZ SOURCED FROM PREMIUM VINEYARDS LOCATED IN GRAMPIANS REGION
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 4.13 out of 5 stars.
- 91 POINT RATED AUSTRALIAN WINE SHOWCASE MAGAZINE
- VICTORIAN SHIRAZ SOURCED FROM VINEYARDS IN GRAMPIANS REGION
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE INTERNATIONAL GOLD MEDAL WINNER
- PRODUCER OF TROPHY WINNING WINE NAMED VICTORIAN WINE OF YEAR
Deep purple to black colour. Intense and vibrant aroma of dark fruit and spice, beautifully varietal with ripe plum and blackberry with well integrated oak and chocolate hints coming through. The palate is fruit driven with dark fruit being the overwhelming hero here while oak and smooth tannins all working in unison. The complexity is derived from some spicy character whilst the finish is backed by a great acid back bone and the tannin structure will ensure the wine continues to drink well over the medium term.
91 Point Rated - Australian Wine Showcase Magazine
"Sweet plum like fruit nose. Vibrant palate with good varietal fruit characters and sweet chocolate flavours. Good tannic finish."
Australian Wine Showcase Magazine
Sourced from a single vineyard in the Grampians sub region oin Victoria. The fruit was crushed then underwent cold macerating. Fermented in open top fermenters with regular pump over’s to extract both colour and tannin. Following another week of maceration the dry free run is drained to tank. The skins are then pressed and the pressings transferred to the same tank, the wine is then racked with select parcels going into barrel. The wine is aged in older oak hogsheads then bottled after maturation with minimal fining and filtration.
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar for mid term|
- y_2023, m_12, d_8, h_7
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.37
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_0, tr_8
- loc_en_AU, sid_116177, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 18.104.22.168
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 218.21ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT