St Hallett Butchers Cart Shiraz 2019
ST HALLETT'S BUTCHER'S CART SHIRAZ AT AUSTRALIA'S BEST PRICE PREVIOUS VINTAGE 94 POINT RATED JAMES HALLIDAY
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 5 out of 5 stars.
- AUSTRALIA'S BEST PRICE ON ST HALLETT'S BUTCHER'S CART SHIRAZ
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE 94 POINT RATED JAMES HALLIDAY WINE COMPANION
- 5 RED STAR RATED BAROSSA VALLEY WINERY JAMES HALLIDAY
- ICONIC PRODUCER ST HALLETT WAS ESTABLISHED IN 1944
Full-bodied, this wine is awash with ripe blackberry and plum, layered in with exotic spices. The oak is perfectly integrated and lifts the dark fruit core. There is a noticeable drive of dense, textured tannins which complement the fruit bringing the wine together with an impeccable finish. Enjoy this rich and bold Shiraz simply with a charcuterie platter or pair with a slow-cooked rib of beef.
The 2019 vintage was one of the driest we have experienced. Below average winter rainfall, coupled with a dry spring and summer resulted in naturally lower yields across the vineyards. These conditions resulted in rich and concentrated wines, although low in quantity. The St Hallett winemaking philosophy is relatively simple - minimum intervention and maximum attention. Each vineyard destined for Butcher’s Cart was vinified separately and had skin contact for ten days with six pump-overs per day. Post-pressing, the wine was sent to 20% new American, 10% new French & 70% older American Oak Hogsheads for 10 months of maturation. All barrels were individually assessed at final blending to ensure absolute quality.
Barossa Valley, South Australia
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar short term|
- y_2023, m_2, d_7, h_22
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.34
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_0, tr_1
- loc_en_AU, sid_116324, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 184.108.40.206
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 234.84ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT